Learn more by visiting The City of Bartlett or The Bartlett Chamber of Commerce websites.
Bartlett is the 11th largest city in Tennessee and serves as the hub for a market of more than 250,000 residents within the Memphis Metropolitan area. The area has a strong and diversified business community and workforce. The Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC) and the City of Bartlett's primary economic development strategy is to define the strengths of the community and develop and implement a cohesive long term plan of action resulting in sustainable capital investments and job growth.
Vision Bartlett is a comprehensive economic development strategy to encompass Bartlett and the Northeast Corridor of Shelby County. It targets specific industries, including an outline of goals and objectives and a detailed course of action. The four target growth industries identified as major focal points of the initiative are advanced manufacturing, agribusiness, life sciences and retail & hospitality. The long-term plan will also address other major topics such as Workforce Development, Office/Industrial Park Development, Existing Business and Retention, Community Development and Revitalization.
- $1.5 Billion New Capital Investments
- 7,500 New Jobs/15,000 Indirect Jobs
- 20 new Life Science Companies
- 30% Population Growth
- Median Household Income 150% of national median
- From 2010 - $850 Million in New Capital Investment
- Since 2010 - 6,300 New Jobs
- The Memphis area is home to over 55 Life Science companies
- 6% Population Growth from 2010 to the 2020
- 2020 Median Household Income is $82,213, or 142% of the national average